BPH Surgery: Is it right for me?
An alternative option, BPH surgery is intended to serve as a permanent solution for this condition. But once again, you may find that the side effects aren’t worth the risk as impotence, excessive bleeding, and retrograde ejaculation are among the dangers involved in having this procedure.
It is helpful to discuss any and all concerns with a urology specialistat your appointment. Questions such as "How do I know my problem is not prostate cancer?", "What tests should I have?", "Have I tried all the different safe treatments and medicines that may help?", "Are there medicines that may make my symptoms worse?" and any other questions you may have can lead to a thorough explanation of the benefits of treatment options. It is important that, as the patient, you get the most out of your effort and time in seeking treatment for your BPH symptoms.
Am I at risk for BPH?
Several factors contribute to a patient's potential risk for BPH, and the same factors may also contribute to the effectiveness of the treatment chosen. Studies conducted with patients have revealed the top contenders for risk factor:
- Aging. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is the most common prostate problem for men older than age 50.
- Family history. Having a blood relative, such as a father or a brother, with prostate problems increases your risk.
- Medical conditions. Your risk also increases with type 2 diabetes as well as heart and circulatory diseases.
- Lifestyle. Obesity increases your risk. Physical activity lowers your risk.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Recent research suggests that there is a connection between ED and BPH.*
If you're having urinary problems, and are considering surgery because previous treatments just haven't been enough, it's important to discuss them with urology specialists like Drs. Morrow, Parr, Hermansen and Guido.
If you’re tired of experiencing the need to urinate constantly, weak urination streams, or loss of control, your bladder may be telling you that something is wrong. And it's time to get help!
Rely on Drs. Morrow, Parr, Hermansen and Guido to provide you with the best options for treatment, based on several factors, including your lifestyle, medical history, and personal medical preferences.
BPH Surgery may be right for you. Call to schedule a consultation today and get started on the road to relief.Tell Me More About BPH Surgery